Creating a Social Media Marketing campaign for an annual 5K run that also has a festival, is fabulous opportunity to cross-promote the Tiki Beach Run to a market larger than marathon runners!
Website: Design a website to contain all content and information in a one-stop shopping resource
- Add links: printable flyers, runner registration, vendors & volunteers
- Add all the social media buttons
Social Media Campaigns:
Facebook page: Create FB events and scheduled posts to promote the run/festival
Twitter: Make a Twitter account to start tweeting about 5K. Start a Twitter campaign such as #trainingtiki5k
Linkedin: Post the event
Make a YouTube video about event
Blogs: approach relevant bloggers about writing some coverage of the 5K
Chamber of Commerce: Approach all Chamber of Commerce’s within 1-2 hour drive from the event. This a great network to cross-promote for the event. This network will give businesses a reason to reach out to their market base with information using their social media to promote the Tiki Beach Run. There also is the potential to pick up vendors and sponsors for the event.
MWR: (This is a program close to my heart)
A little snippet of what the MWR is: Morale, Welfare, and Recreation (MWR) Local MWR programs may schedule local athletic events or subsidized adventure trips. For a full menu of what your local MWR program offers, visit the office on your installation. (military.com)
Reach out to all the MWR’s on all the Military Installations within 1-2 hour from the event, with information provided to share through all MWR’s social media for the upcoming Tiki Beach Run/ Festival.
- MWR is the immediate resource to local community for Military Families with multiple FB pages, Twitter, and websites
- Commanders are looking for ways to build unity and morale for their soldiers and to include families is a win-win situation! (AKA mandatory fun day)
- Promotes physical fitness
- Many soldiers & spouses compete in these events to collect memorabilia from their travels with the military
Grab a laptop and lace-up shoes!